Did You Know?
- Although hearing loss is a common effect of aging, some Americans are starting to lose their hearing earlier in life as a result of exposure to noise.
- Wearing hearing protection such as ear plugs and earmuffs when being exposed to levels of noise over 85 decibels (dB) for extended periods of time can help reduce the risk of noise-induced hearing loss.
The Auditory-Verbal Center is a non-profit agency that provides quality services to the community for very low or discounted rates. We also accept coverage from most insurance providers and scholarships are available for auditory-verbal therapy.
Insurance providers include:
- Aetna (all groups)
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield (all groups)
- First Health
- Hear PO and Hear USA (hearing benefit programs)
- Medicaid, Wellcare, Amerigroup, Peach State
**Please check with your provider regarding referral or pre-authorization requirements.